1. Basic policy on the handling of personal information
Sun Realty & Insurance Corporation (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) shall, recognizing the protection of customers’ personal information as its social responsibility, properly and strictly manage personal information in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations and guidelines.
2. Customers’ personal information
Customers’ personal information means information that can identify the customer, including a customer’s name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, family structure, real estate information and information on the conclusion of contracts. In addition, information that can identify the customer by collating other information shall be included in personal information.
3. Acquisition and use of personal information
The Company shall acquire personal information through appropriate means and shall not handle personal information beyond the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use without obtaining the consent of the customer.
4. Intended use of personal information
The personal information of customers shall be used for the following purposes:
(1) Purchase and sale, exchange, lease of real estate, and agency and brokerage services therefor;
(2) Management services of real estate;
(3) Appraisal services relating to sales, exchange and lease of real estate;
(4) Real estate consulting services; and
(5) Services incidental to or related to the above.
5.Provision of personal information to a third party
Customers’ personal information may be provided to a third party in the following cases in writing, by telephone, by e-mail, via the internet or other means.
(1) The consent of the customer is obtained;
(2) Personal information is disclosed in a state whereby the customer in question cannot be identified or recognized;
(3) The provision of personal information is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of the sound upbringing of children, for which the consent of the customer in question is difficult to obtain;
(4) The provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body or property of people, for which the consent of the customer in question is difficult to obtain;
(5) It is necessary to cooperate with a government agency or local government, or a person commissioned thereby in conducting services prescribed by laws and regulations, for which obtaining the consent of the customer is likely to hinder the performance of such services;
(6) Personal information is provided pursuant to the provisions of laws and regulations; or
(7) Personal information is provided to the recipients listed below—provided, however, that such provision shall be limited to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use of personal information, and shall be discontinued upon the request of the customer in question.
① Counterparty and potential counterparty to the contract of sales, exchange and lease;
② Other building lots and buildings dealers, distributors and organizations of property information, and designated distribution organizations;
③ Financial institutions, judicial scriveners, land and house investigators, etc. involved in loan and registration; and
④Certified public accountants, certified public tax accountants, etc. involved in real estate consulting services.
6.Entrustment of handling of personal information
The Company may entrust all or some of the handling services of personal information to a third party. Provided, however, in this case, the Company shall select a person or entity who has taken sufficient measures to protect personal information and exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the person or entity entrusted.
7. Changes to personal information
The Customer shall be entitled to request notification of the purpose of use of personal information, disclosure, correction, addition or deletion of registered personal information, suspension of use, and discontinuation of provision to a third party (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Change of Personal Information”). Please note that a prescribed fee will be charged for a request for disclosure of personal information. For more specific inquiry on change procedures, make an inquiry to “Contact for inquiries about Personal Information.”
Provided, however, in the following cases, the Company may not accept the Change of Personal Information.
(1) The Change of Personal Information is likely to impair the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the customer or a third party;
(2) The Change of Personal Information is likely to seriously hinder the proper execution of the business of the Company; or
(3) The Change of Personal Information violates other laws and regulations.
8. Safe management of personal information
The Company shall properly and strictly manage the personal information of the customers and implement necessary and appropriate safety measures to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage of personal information.
9. Contact for inquiries about personal information
For inquiries or complaints about procedures on the Change of Personal Information, please contact the following inquiry desk.
◆ Contact for inquiries about personal information
Sun Realty & Insurance Corporation
Address: Viscountess Building 1st Floor, 1-11-36, Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Telephone: 03-3584-6171 (Reception hours: From 8:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
The cookies function may be invalidated by a user’s browser settings. However, please keep in mind that some functions may not be available in this case.